Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Henry Chen <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/27 19:21:36 UTC

message:title localization problem

Hi, I have problem with showing correct Chinese characters from properties
file. Here is the detail:

In my home.html I have

In the home.properties file I have
title=汽车

When I loaded the application, the title looked corrupted and the source of
html turned out to be "&#230;&#177;&#189;&#232;&#189;&#166;"

All files are utf8 encoded including home.properties. If I put the chinese
title directly in the Home.html, everything was just fine. Any ideas why
this happened? Thank you!

Henry

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended
only for the person(s) named. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then
destroy the message. Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of Peacock Nine LLC and
its subsidiaries shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by the
Company. When addressed to the clients of Peacock Nine, LLC and its
subsidiaries, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the
terms and conditions in the governing client contracts and non disclosure
agreements.

Tapestry Palette & anonymous implicit components

Posted by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com>.
Hi,
  After a request on the SourceForge project forums I took a look at the
work needed to support anonymous implicit components in the palette.
Not much it turned out so I did it:

	http://tapestrypalette.sourceforge.net/docs/preferences.shtml

You can download version 0.1.10 from the update site at
http://tapestrypalette.mjhenderson.com/unstable from with Eclipse.

Mike

Re: message:title localization problem

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
I initially thought that it was in 3.0.1 myself, but later figured out it
was in 3.1. Everything you see in that message, messages-encoding too, is in
3.1.

-mb

Posted by Henry Chen <he...@gmail.com>.
Nick,

I downloaded the plugin and tried it out. It is GREAT! Save me a lot of
work! Thank you.

Henry

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
Henry,

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
If your page/component templates use UTF-8, you might want to put

<property name="org.apache.tapestry.template-encoding" value="utf-8"/>

in your .application file.

See this for more detail:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/TapestryUsersGuide/configuration.character-sets.html

Posted by Johan Maasing <jo...@zoom.nu>.