Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/18 18:16:50 UTC

Anyone have a plugin to check if the surefire tests pass?

Hey, before you think this guy is crazy, surefire will do that for you...

pre-integration-test: jetty:run daemon=true
integration-test: surefire:test testFailureIgnore=true
post-integration-test: jetty:stop
verify: ______:______

so that I can run my integration tests and tidy-up afterwards and then fail
the build after the tidy-up...

yes, yes, yes I know about putting the tests in a separate module and all
that jazz... but this is in some ways a bit cleaner

-Stephen

Re: Anyone have a plugin to check if the surefire tests pass?

Posted by Jeffrey N Hagelberg <jn...@us.ibm.com>.
We've got one.  It uses the SurefireReportParser from the
maven-surefire-report-plugin to parse the reports.  I'll have to get
permission from my manager to send it, but that's the basic idea.

-Jeff

Jeffrey Hagelberg, Software Engineer
XMeta Development
IBM Software Group
Phone: 978-899-2055 T/L:276-2055)
Email:jnhagelb@us.ibm.com

  From:       Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>

  To:         Maven Users List <us...@maven.apache.org>

  Date:       05/18/2009 04:00 PM

  Subject:    Re: Anyone have a plugin to check if the surefire tests pass?

Why don't you just write a unit test base class that runs Jetty embedded?
If
you store the server in a static attribute and start it in @BeforeClass (or
similar) conditionally if hasn't been started before, you'll save the
restart costs between each test. As a bonus, these integration tests are
easily runnable from your IDE. This is exactly what I do.

Kalle

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Use one of the enforcer rules or make a new one to validate the conditionss.

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Stephen Connolly <

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
nope.

Posted by "Edelson, Justin" <Ju...@mtvstaff.com>.
Can you use -fae to do this?