Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by cr...@istream.today on 2020/04/01 11:18:44 UTC

Load Balancer - ProxyProtocol

Hello,

     I have some questions about Cloudstack Load Balancer, are there any
rules which can be used to customize the Load Balancer configuration from
cloudstack management GUI ?

*	I found this :
https://kb.leaseweb.com/products/apache-cloudstack-private-cloud/managing-ap
ache-cloudstack-network#ManagingApacheCloudStackNetwork-AddNetworktagsandLoa
dBalancertags    If this is working why is not included in cloudstack
official documentation ?

    I'm asking this because I found out that if I enable "ProxyProtocol On"
or "RemoteIPProxyProtocol On in new apache version" I get no valid headers
found in the apache logs for the backend apache2 servers, behind a
CloudStack LB.   any idea why ?

Thanks in advance!

Cristian

Re: Load Balancer - ProxyProtocol

Posted by "Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT)" <Gr...@swisstxt.ch>.
Hi Christian,

The feature you mention is not in vanilla CloudStack yet, at least not that I know of.
See the discussion here for more info: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/feccbf1a6d7e8756bb0d799653e325c929356d71ff2227bce0a1b9a4%40%3Cdev.cloudstack.apache.org%3E

@ustcweizhou Did you prepare that pull request as you mentioned on the list?

Regards,
Gregor