Posted to users@maven.apache.org by phillip rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/27 19:24:18 UTC

getting property files into war file

I am trying to get some property files into the
classes directory of my war file.
I have tried the following:
Placing the property files into the src/conf directory
of my project.
That did not work.
I also created a project.properties file with the
following:
maven.war.classes.includes=conf
But this also did not work.

What is the best way to get a property file(s) into
the classes directory using maven?

Thanks very much.

Re: getting property files into war file

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@stabilia.com>.
And if your using Eclipse you might want to include i you
project.properties:

maven.eclipse.classpath.include=src/conf

I don't know why the Eclipse plugin guys didn't include that dir
(usually required for any build I do) but they don't.

- Brill Pappin

Brett Porter wrote:

>src/conf will work as long as you specify a <resources/> section in
>your <build/> element that points to that directory for the resources.
>Same as for JAR.
>
>Cheers,
>Brett
>
>On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:24:18 -0700 (PDT), phillip rhodes
><rh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>I am trying to get some property files into the
>>classes directory of my war file.
>>I have tried the following:
>>Placing the property files into the src/conf directory
>>of my project.
>>That did not work.
>>I also created a project.properties file with the
>>following:
>>maven.war.classes.includes=conf
>>But this also did not work.
>>
>>What is the best way to get a property file(s) into
>>the classes directory using maven?
>>
>>Thanks very much.

"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
                                                  - Arthur C Anticlarke

Re: getting property files into war file

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.