Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Sebastian Hagel <br...@googlemail.com> on 2011/10/27 22:50:07 UTC

[ApacheDS] ApacheDS 2.0.0 M2 and server.xml

Hi,
at the moment I am trying to set up a Apache DS 2 Server to find out if the
triggers and stored procedures work the way you would expect them to.
Right now I am stuck at the point where I would need to customise the
server.xml. Unfortunately I can't find the server.xml. Was the file replaced
in Version 2 or where is it saved?

thanks
Sebastian

Re: [ApacheDS] ApacheDS 2.0.0 M2 and server.xml

Posted by Pa <sp...@egalwaat.lu>.
On 04.01.2012 15:11, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> On 4 janv. 2012, at 11:29, Pa wrote:

>> With 2.0 the first setting I tried to set was changing the connecting port
>> from 10389 to simply 389 and now Apache Directory Studio gives me an
>> error 49 about AcceptSecurityContext, but I can't change it back because
>> I can't connect. Is there a way to change it in some config file?
> [ApacheDS]/conf/config.ldif
> Have a look at entry with dn:
> ads-transportid=ldap,ou=transports,ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config

Thank you for your answer. That seems to be helpful. In the mean time I
uninstalled
2.0 and tried 1.5.6 which seems to be working perfectly. As it's only a
test server for now, I'll be sticking with 1.5.6. The ACIs are working
without a problem.

All in all, I think it takes a lot of work to get the hang of it,
at first it seems sometimes unnecessary complicated, but when it
works it looks quite interesting and useful.

Pa

Re: [ApacheDS] ApacheDS 2.0.0 M2 and server.xml

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
On 4 janv. 2012, at 11:29, Pa wrote:
> On 28.10.2011 00:22, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>> the configuration from 2.0 will be maintained in LDIF format and this
>> is displayed as a partition with name ou=config
>> You can use any LDAP client to modify the configuration and server
>> needs to be restarted to make the changes effective.
>
> Is there any documentation for version 2.0? I seem to only find
> some incomplete doc for 1.5 referencing 1.0.

Not yet.
We're aware of that and working on it.

> To be honest, I think
> the available documentation for ApacheDS is one of the worst I've seen.
>
> I'm new to ApacheDS and tried 1.5.7 first. The server.xml configuration
> was very straight forward, but I had to change to 2.0, because ACI
> couldn't be used with this version (which I think is very weird, why was
> it released then? Isn't that a big part of the program?).

A bug is always weird. Until it is discovered, it's hidden.  That probably why 1.5.7 was released as is.

> With 2.0 the first setting I tried to set was changing the connecting port
> from 10389 to simply 389 and now Apache Directory Studio gives me an
> error 49 about AcceptSecurityContext, but I can't change it back because
> I can't connect. Is there a way to change it in some config file?

[ApacheDS]/conf/config.ldif
Have a look at entry with dn:
ads-transportid=ldap,ou=transports,ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [ApacheDS] ApacheDS 2.0.0 M2 and server.xml

Posted by Pa <sp...@egalwaat.lu>.
On 28.10.2011 00:22, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> the configuration from 2.0 will be maintained in LDIF format and this
> is displayed as a partition with name ou=config
> You can use any LDAP client to modify the configuration and server
> needs to be restarted to make the changes effective.

Is there any documentation for version 2.0? I seem to only find
some incomplete doc for 1.5 referencing 1.0. To be honest, I think

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
the configuration from 2.0 will be maintained in LDIF format and this
is displayed as a partition with name ou=config
You can use any LDAP client to modify the configuration and server
needs to be restarted to make the changes effective.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Sebastian Hagel

--
Kiran Ayyagari