Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org> on 2017/05/02 12:32:09 UTC

Ready for the Hidden Master to be Polled

Gents, I appreciate your patience and I'm cc'ing a new list for SA
sysadmins so there can be better documentation with a higher bus
factor.  If you are ok with your emails being known, that would be cool
if you replied back to the list.

Please point your public slaves at 62.210.60.231 as their master,
allowing notifies/transfers/beers to flow freely.

Grant, can you confirm which IPs we should notify? We have some
discrepancies but perhaps you had some slaving internally occurring
however there were small discrepancies on the records.

Brian, we'll check when you turn things back on but it appears you were
missing a test DKIM record oddly enough.  Perhaps a record length  limit
or something.

Best,
KAM

--
Kevin A. McGrail
Asst. Treasurer, Apache Software Foundation

Re: Ready for the Hidden Master to be Polled

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
On 5/2/2017 12:56 PM, Grant Keller wrote:
> The information located here:
> https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Secondary_DNS_Service  is the current
> configuration information you will need.

Thank you, Grant!

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.

On 05/02/2017 02:45 PM, Grant Keller wrote:
> That would have been me testing transfers from the new server and not
> setting the source ip properly. The master server is 184.23.168.134.
> That instance controls the backend that the [a-c].auth-ns.sonic.net
> servers use, so it is the only one you need to notify.

Thank you Grant!  I am seeing some good NOTIFY and quick AXFRs now from
.134.  The serial updates on the [a-c] servers seem to take about 5
minutes to propagate after a NOTIFY to .134.

Dave

Posted by Grant Keller <gr...@sonic.com>.

--
Grant Keller
System Operations

Re: Ready for the Hidden Master to be Polled

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Keller <gr...@sonic.com>.
Kevin,

--