Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/16 18:04:47 UTC

WebService vs RESTfull performance

Hi,

My question is perhaps a little trivial or stupid and without an example it
makes perhaps no sense to compare them but could it be possible that using
RESFull services instead of WebServices with CXF will be faster in term of
response time, ... ?

Kind regards,

Charles

-----
Charles Moulliard
SOA Architect

My Blog :  http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/ http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/

Re: WebService vs RESTfull performance

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.
Hi

AFAIK the JAXWS runtime is very optimized so I'd not be surprised if it outperformed the JAXRS runtime...One thing is that the JAXRS
JAXBProvider (which is probably used in most cases ?) is doing rather expensive checks in its isReadable/isWriteable, but this may
have no sideeffects with a limited number of custom types involved but can become more expensive otherwise, but this check can be
disabled if needed...

cheers, Sergey