Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org> on 1997/09/12 18:59:50 UTC

Netscape gets patent on SSL?

Any comments?

"Why not?" - TL           brian@organic.com - hyperreal.org - apache.org

Re: Netscape gets patent on SSL?

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Any comments?

Netscape tried to patent preforking, too, remember?

If there isn't prior art, I'll be very surprised.

Of course, as usual, this patent will only apply in the US, if it stands
up.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie            |Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435|Apache Group member
Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472|http://www.apache.org