Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Shinta Tjio <st...@broadjump.com> on 2001/03/14 00:16:28 UTC

RE: DeployedServices.ds

> Hi,
> I need a way to access DeployedServices.ds from my context.
> The DeployedServices file is in the tomcat
> "bin" directory.
>
> My problem , is , my ServiceManager , needs to install
> services dynamically. however from my context, i am
> unable to access the "DeploymentServices.ds" file.
> It displays that , it is unable to open
> "DeploymentDescriptor.ds" and displays a message
> "assuming fresh start".
>
> I have checked the source code, and there is a field,
> named fileName , and the value "DeploymentServices.ds",
> is hardcoded.
>
> 1) Is there any way , i can specify the absoulte path
> of the DeploymentServices.

Yes, there is. But looks like you're using Soap 2.0.
You can use Soap 2.1, which lets you specify the
DeployedServices.ds file in the soap.xml file.

> 2) Also, i would like to know, how does Tomcat know ,
> "DeployedServices.ds " needed to be loaded from "bin"
> directory?

Old Soap 2.0 just writes and loads the *.ds file in
the current working directory of the process. So if
you start Tomcat from the bin directory, that's the
current working directory of Tomcat. The SOAP servlet
just loads it from there.

RE: DeployedServices.ds

Posted by Ratnakar Malla <do...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi,
Thanx for your reply. As per your suggestion, I moved
from SOAP 2.0 to SOAP 2.1 . Well , I have some
problems there.
I downloaded , the source version, and i was
successful, in building the soap.jar . unfortunately,
when i try to run the addressbook example, i get the
following messages:

on Client Side:
***************

C:\soap2.1>java samples.addressbook.GetAddress
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter "John B.
Good"
    Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Protocol):
Unsupported response content type "text/html", must
be: "text/xml". Response was:
                                    <h1>Error:
400</h1>
              <h2>Location:
/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</h2><b>Content type must be:

On Server Side
**************
2001-03-13 10:14:53 - Ctx( /soap ): 400 R( /soap +
servlet/rpcrouter + null) Content type must be:
'text/xml'.

Am , I missing anything here?
Please suggest , as to what I should do?
Thanx,
Ratnakar

--- Shinta Tjio <st...@broadjump.com> wrote: > > Hi,
> > I need a way to access DeployedServices.ds from my
> context.
> > The DeployedServices file is in the tomcat
> > "bin" directory.
> >
> > My problem , is , my ServiceManager , needs to
> install
> > services dynamically. however from my context, i
> am
> > unable to access the "DeploymentServices.ds" file.
> > It displays that , it is unable to open
> > "DeploymentDescriptor.ds" and displays a message
> > "assuming fresh start".
> >
> > I have checked the source code, and there is a
> field,
> > named fileName , and the value
> "DeploymentServices.ds",
> > is hardcoded.
> >
> > 1) Is there any way , i can specify the absoulte
> path
> > of the DeploymentServices.
>
> Yes, there is. But looks like you're using Soap 2.0.
> You can use Soap 2.1, which lets you specify the
> DeployedServices.ds file in the soap.xml file.
>
> > 2) Also, i would like to know, how does Tomcat
> know ,
> > "DeployedServices.ds " needed to be loaded from
> "bin"
> > directory?
>
> Old Soap 2.0 just writes and loads the *.ds file in
> the current working directory of the process. So if
> you start Tomcat from the bin directory, that's the
> current working directory of Tomcat. The SOAP
> servlet
> just loads it from there.
>
> > 3) and finally, how did "DeployedServices" at the
> > first place end up in the bin directory?
> >
> > I have been cracking about these questions, since
> > long time. Please help me....

=====
Ratnakar Malla,
Electrical & Computer Engg,