Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by L Z <lo...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/01 20:09:18 UTC

External Transaction (as defined by MS) problem

Hello slide users,

I am using slide 2.1b1 server and client.
I tried to use the external transaction feature in the
following way:

init a WebdavResource
startTransaction();
mkcolMethod(); (create a new collection)
proppatchMethod(); (on the newly created collection)
putMethod(); (put a new file in the newly created
collection)
commitTransaction();

everything works fine, the resources are created when
i call the commitTransaction() but after this i am not
able to create a new WebdavResource() object. I
debugged it and i figured out that when the first
PROPFIND method is issued (to get the basic
properties) the server won't respond.
It also don't works if i restart the client. I had to
restart the server then it works.

Can somebody help me, please?

Thank you,
Zoltan.

Root cant login with acl_inheritance = none. Dont know why ?

Posted by Nick Longinow <ni...@vanhooseassociates.com>.
Hi,

I tried this one before, but wanted to ask one more time as I've had no
success in figuring it out over several intense days of debugging.

If you configure Slide/Tomcat out-of-the-box's domain.xml with
<parameter name="acl_inheritance_type">root</parameter>
then you can login with root/root at the url http://localhost:8080/slide.
Great, thats how it should be.
Now, if you change that parameter to
<parameter name="acl_inheritance_type">none</parameter>
then root/root doesn't work.
Can anyone explain what is missing in domain.xml to add the necessary
properties or other details to allow root to authenticate when no acl
inheritance is on ?
Nick

Re: External Transaction (as defined by MS) problem

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.
Sounds interesting, please send the link when when the first release is
ready!

Oliver

Posted by L Z <lo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.
Great :)

Posted by L Z <lo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.

Posted by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org>.
I observed the same bug.

Posted by L Z <lo...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Oliver,

i changed the tx file store to MySqlStore but i
experience the same behavoir.
I also inspected the locks on the filestore but
everything seems to be ok.
I will try to  debug the server, to see what exactly
happens.

Best regrards,
Zoltan.

--- Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de> wrote:

> I just tried something similar with the command line
> client and the
> default tx file store for the current 2.1 release
> branch and everything
> seemed to work. Maybe you should try and identify
> which statement causes
> the problem. Another thing would be to try to use a
> different store and
> see if this changes anything. Additionally - as I
> already said -
> inspecting the locks in the store is the last
> resort. Please tell me
> what store you use to help you with that...
>
> Oliver
>
> Oliver Zeigermann schrieb:
> > Hi Zoltan,
> >
> > I could not find any obvious bug in your code. The
> transaction feature
> > is new in 2.1, so maybe there still are bugs in
> it. The only thing that
> > might help is to debug the server and see at what
> point the propfind
> > blocks. Asking again, what kind of store are use
> using?
> >
> > Oliver
> >
> > L Z schrieb:
> >
> >> Hello Oliver,
> >>
> >> thank you for your answer.
> >>
> >> Here is the code snippet (sorry for the
> linebreaks but
> >> this is the best what i can get with yahoo).
> >>

> >>   try
> >>         {
> >>             String parentPath =
> >> PathUtils.getParentUrl(rootPath);

manager.currentResource.setPath(URIUtil.getPath(parentPath));
> >>                         executed =

manager.currentResource.startTransaction(manager.currentResource.getHttpURL().getUser(),

> >> 600);
> >>             executed = executed ?
> >> manager.currentResource.mkcolMethod(rootPath):
> false;
> >>             executed = executed ?
> >> manager.currentResource.proppatchMethod(rootPath,
> new
> >> PropertyName("DAV:" , EXWebdavResource.TYPE),
> >> ItemTypes.getStringType(ItemTypes.Project),
> true):
> >> false;
> >>             executed = executed ?

manager.currentResource.putMethod(this.contentFilePath,
> >> content): false;
> >>             executed = executed ?

manager.currentResource.proppatchMethod(contentFilePath,

org.apache.slide.event.TransactionEvent[source=org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceAccessTokenImpl@666d83]

org.apache.slide.webdav.event.WebdavEvent[source=org.apache.slide.webdav.method.MkcolMethod@1412332]

org.apache.slide.webdav.event.WebdavEvent[source=org.apache.slide.webdav.method.PropPatchMethod@455aa8]

> >> 02 Oct 2004 13:17:24 -
> >> org.apache.slide.util.event.EventLogger - INFO -
> >> Recieved vetoable event with name
> 'content:store':
> >> org.apache.slide.event.ContentEvent[content
> >> uri=/Projects/lowproject contentType=]
> >> http8080-Processor23, 02-Oct-2004 13:17:24, root,
> >> PROPPATCH, 207 "Multi-Status", 172 ms,
> >> /Projects/lowproject
> >> 02 Oct 2004 13:17:24 -
> >>
> org.apache.slide.webdav.method.AbstractWebdavMethod
> -
> >> INFO - Using external transaction
> >>
> <opaquelocktoken:50bca276b04d8297918e73a1b87ccf1a>
> >> 02 Oct 2004 13:17:24 -
> >> org.apache.slide.util.event.EventLogger - INFO -
> >> Recieved vetoable event with name 'webdav:put':

org.apache.slide.webdav.event.WebdavEvent[source=org.apache.slide.webdav.method.PutMethod@143073a]

=== message truncated ===

Re: External Transaction (as defined by MS) problem

Posted by L Z <lo...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Oliver,

thank you for your answers.
Sorry that i forget to specify that i am using the tx
file store.

I will try both of your proposals, first i will change
the store and then i will try to debug. I will let you
know the results.

Zoltan.

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.