Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Will McQueen <wi...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/16 08:15:47 UTC

HttpClient 4.0 Tutorial, and SSLSocketFactory

Hi,

The HttpClient 4.0 tutorial says:

SSLSocketFactory sf = new SSLSocketFactory(sslcontext);

...but I don't see that the javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory takes a param of type SSLContext. Did you mean:

SSLSocketFactory sf = (SSLSocketFactory)sslcontext.getSocketFactory();

...? [as alluded to in the SSL section of http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/SSLNOTES.txt]

Cheers,
Will

Re: HttpClient 4.0 Tutorial, and SSLSocketFactory

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:15:47PM -0700, Will McQueen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The HttpClient 4.0 tutorial says:
>
> SSLSocketFactory sf = new SSLSocketFactory(sslcontext);
>
> ...but I don't see that the javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory takes a param of type SSLContext. Did you mean:
>
> SSLSocketFactory sf = (SSLSocketFactory)sslcontext.getSocketFactory();
>
> ...? [as alluded to in the SSL section of http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/SSLNOTES.txt]
>
> Cheers,
> Will

Hi Will

Packages names are omitted for brevity. It is this class:

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/conn/ssl/SSLSocketFactory.html

Hope this helps

Oleg