Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Star Guo <st...@ceph.me> on 2015/03/05 13:33:31 UTC

About Snapshot Operation on KVM

Hello,

I just build a lab with CloudStack 4.4.2 + CentOS 6.6 KVM + Ceph/RBD 0.80.8.
I deploy an instance on RBD and I create the ROOT volume snapshots. When
delete a snapshot the UI show OK, but the snapshot of the volume in the RBD
pool is still exist.
And I find the code in
com/cloud/hypervisor/kvm/storage/KVMStorageProcessor.java:
.
    @Override
    public Answer deleteSnapshot(DeleteCommand cmd) {
        return new Answer(cmd);
    }
.
deleteSnapshot() does not be implememented. And I also find the code:
    @Override
    public Answer createTemplateFromSnapshot(CopyCommand cmd) {
        return null;  //To change body of implemented methods use File |
Settings | File Templates.
    }
So does createTenokateFromSnapshot(). I just look for it in MASTER branch
but not do that yet. Will CloudStack Dev Team plan to do that ? Thanks for
reply .

Best Regards,
Star Guo

Re: About Snapshot Operation on KVM