Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ryan Chan <ry...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/11 07:55:21 UTC

Is Zookeeper already providing load balancing for Kafka brokers?

We are already using "zk.connect" to connect zookeeper and registered
multiple brokers (same topic/partitions), so when a consumer request ZK, is
load balancing already done?

Thanks

Re: Is Zookeeper already providing load balancing for Kafka brokers?

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Currently, the balancing logic in the high level consumer is not
configurable. There is a low level SimpleConsumer that you can use to gain
more control, but it needs more coding.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Ryan Chan <ry...@gmail.com>.