Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2002/01/09 16:12:05 UTC

outdated sitemap drafts

I just updated CVS with my shiny new ADSL line (uh, uh, I love it!) and
found that the sitemap draft is *very* outdated and *EHMMM* not even
well formed!!!

Sure, we could patch that, but what should we do with that folder?

Having an XMLSchema is utterly useless since the sitemap validation
rules are more complex than what a schema can do.

I plan to write a RelaxNG schema and we can incorporate Jing to do a
first check at load time.

But I think that the sitemap engine should check for pipeline validity
when it generates its internal object model (Sylvain? what's the status
of your sitemap interpreter?)

Validation is another thing that goes in favor of the interpreted
sitemap engine, since it's almost impossible to check sitemap integrity
using XSLT.

Comments?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.