Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2015/03/17 03:32:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] Airavata default support to Java 8

Hi All,

Oracle ends pubic support releases of Java 7 after April 2015 (next month) [1] [2]. Within Airavata we still have requirements for Java 6. How about we move on to Java 8 and make it the minimum required version?

Please discuss.

Suresh
[1] - https://blogs.oracle.com/henrik/entry/moving_on_to_java_8 <https://blogs.oracle.com/henrik/entry/moving_on_to_java_8>
[2] - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html>

Re: [DISCUSS] Airavata default support to Java 8

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Sorry this is not phrased correctly. I do not mean any java 6 specific requirements. This is in reference to current maven configuration - https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/master/pom.xml#L491-494 <https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/master/pom.xml#L491-494>

Suresh

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.