Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Bob Arnott <bo...@aungate.com> on 2007/02/14 16:18:31 UTC

HttpClient & BTEA

Has anyone integrated the Block TEA into HttpClient...? I've not fiddled
with the internals of HttpClient before, so I'm not really sure where I
need to begin, can anyone give me any pointers...?

Cheers,

--
Bob Arnott

Re: HttpClient & BTEA

Posted by Bob Arnott <bo...@aungate.com>.
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

[snipped...]

> For incoming entities HttpMethod#getResponseBodyAsStream() will give you
> the content input stream, which you can feed into a BTEA decoder. For
> outgoing entities you should implement RequestEntity interface and use
> its RequestEntity#writeRequest(OutputStream out) method to stream out
> data produced by a BTEA encoder.
>
> Hope this helps

It does indeed.

Cheers,

--
Bob Arnott
Web Application Architect

The information contained in this message is for the intended addressee only
and may contain confidential and/or privileged  information.  If you are not
the intended addressee, please delete this message and notify the sender,
and do not copy or distribute this message or disclose its contents to
anyone.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Autonomy Systems Limited or
of any of its associated companies.  No reliance may be placed on this
message without written confirmation from an authorised representative of
the company.  Autonomy Systems Limited, Registered Office:  Cambridge
Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0WZ, Registered Number 03063054.

Re: HttpClient & BTEA

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 16:18 +0000, Bob Arnott wrote:
> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> >> I have to talk to some home grown servers that use it. I know what I
> >> need to do, I just don't know where in the HttpClient code I need to
> >> modify or insert the BTEA logic.
> >>

> > Bob,
> >
> > What _specifically_ you intend to be using BTEA for? Some custom
> > authentication scheme of a sort? Content coding (encryption/decryption
> > of request/response content transmitted across the wire)? Something
> > else?
>
> Sorry, not with it today... Encryption of request and decryption of
> the resulting response based on a settable key.
>
> Cheers,

Bob,

For incoming entities HttpMethod#getResponseBodyAsStream() will give you
the content input stream, which you can feed into a BTEA decoder. For
outgoing entities you should implement RequestEntity interface and use
its RequestEntity#writeRequest(OutputStream out) method to stream out
data produced by a BTEA encoder.

Hope this helps

Oleg

Re: HttpClient & BTEA