Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Ronald Pieterse <rp...@tripolis.com> on 2007/02/23 10:54:03 UTC

list of symbolic links to your actual CVS modules

Hello.

I have a problem building my Maven 2 submodules in Continuum. My parent
module is at the same level as my submodules (for easy IDE support
reasons) and building locally goes fine. But when I try to build on the
build server the module folder names are changed into numbers so the
module references in the parent pom don't match any more.
I read something in the faq about this but I don't understand how to do
this:

'Keep the structure and create a new module that contains a parent POM
and a list of symbolic links to your actual CVS modules'

I alreadyhave a parent module which holds the references to the
submodules like so:

    <modules>
        <module>../common</module>
        <module>../persistence</module>
        <module>../business</module>
        <module>../web</module>
        <module>../bounce</module>
        <module>../webcommon</module>
        <module>../publicweb</module>
        <module>../partnerweb</module>
        <module>../shared</module>
        <module>../client</module>
    </modules>

How would I create a 'list of symbolic links '?

Ronald

Re: list of symbolic links to your actual CVS modules

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Continuum know the order of each module, it's the reason we don't use the reactor mode by default.
But if you need it absolutly, you need to create a project in the parent directory of your modules that have only one module, your parent project, and add it in continuum with the reactor mode, so all
your modules will be in the same working directory.

Emmanuel

Posted by Ronald Pieterse <rp...@tripolis.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Ronald Pieterse <rp...@tripolis.com>.