Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com> on 2018/01/31 02:04:33 UTC

SA-Update exits with code 4

Yesterday there were no issues with my once a day update. Today it
exited with a code 4. Here is the output:

https://pastebin.com/aXvk0QQu

Any ideas on what seems to be the problem?

Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Re: SA-Update exits with code 4

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.
On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 13:09 -0600, David Jones wrote:
> On 01/30/2018 09:37 PM, Chris wrote:
> >

> > > rules: failed to run FORGED_GMAIL_RCVD test, skipping:
> > >       (Can't locate object method
> > > "check_for_forged_gmail_received_headers" via package
> > > "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 1327) line 1447.
> > > )
> > >

> FYI.  If you have a new installation of SA that doesn't have a
> ruleset
> and won't install them via sa-update for another 12 hours or so, you
> can
> run this to manually install a ruleset from Sunday.
>
> REV=1822449
> wget http://sa-update.ena.com/${REV}.tar.gz
> wget http://sa-update.ena.com/${REV}.tar.gz.sha1
> wget http://sa-update.ena.com/${REV}.tar.gz.asc
> sa-update -v --install ${REV}.tar.gz
>
> Sa-update should resume working properly tomorrow.

Thanks David, my SA setup is up-to-date with all rule sets. Looking
forward to tomorrow.

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C
31.11972; -97.90167 (Elev. 1092 ft)
17:55:53 up 1 day, 39 min, 1 user, load average: 1.30, 1.78, 2.32

Re: SA-Update exits with code 4

Posted by David Jones <dj...@ena.com>.

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.
On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 21:15 -0600, David Jones wrote:
> On 01/30/2018 08:04 PM, Chris wrote:
> >
> > Yesterday there were no issues with my once a day update. Today it
> > exited with a code 4. Here is the output:
> >
> > https://pastebin.com/aXvk0QQu
> >
> > Any ideas on what seems to be the problem?
> >
> > Chris
> >

> rules: failed to run FORGED_GMAIL_RCVD test, skipping:
>      (Can't locate object method
> "check_for_forged_gmail_received_headers" via package
> "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 1327) line 1447.
> )
>
> This was already mentioned about 13 hours ago on this list.  I
> committed
> a patch to trunk where the SA rulesets are built from that has a .pm
> dependency from SA 3.4.2 that hasn't been released yet.  I added a
> version check around the new ruleset to resolve this problem but
> it's
> going to take another 36 hours or so to work itself out.  You will
> see
> another problem tomorrow but it should be OK the next day.

Thanks David, I totally missed that when scrolling through the output.
I see it now and also the previous comments.

Posted by David Jones <dj...@ena.com>.