Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Артём Луканин <ic...@mail.ru> on 2014/03/13 12:30:13 UTC

waitFlush is not used in SolrServer.commit()

 Hello,

I'm trying to understand how to use commit( boolean waitFlush, boolean waitSearcher, boolean softCommit )
It appears, that AbstractUpdateRequest.setAction is called, which doesn't use waitFlush at all.

Can we remove waitFlush not to confuse the users?

Artem

Re[4]: waitFlush is not used in SolrServer.commit()

Posted by Артём Луканин <ic...@mail.ru>.
 Great! +1

Четверг, 13 марта 2014, 10:38 -07:00 от Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>:
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2018
>--
>Mark Miller
>about.me/markrmiller
>On March 13, 2014 at 5:42:57 AM, Артём Луканин ( ice_lc@mail.ru ) wrote:
>>Yes, that would be more understandable. Should I make a JIRA ticket
for this?
>>>The wiki says: “   In Solr4.0   it
will be removed. ”

>>>See:
>>>https://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages
>>>
>>>Unfortunately, the new Solr Reference Guide does not include
that note.

>>>See:
>>>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Uploading+Data+with+Index+Handlers
>>>
>>>I would be +1 for having Solr give a 400 error for using it. I
mean, the app is expecting some specific behavior, and that
behavior is not going to happen.

>>>-- Jack Krupansky

SolrServer.commit()

Re: Re[2]: waitFlush is not used in SolrServer.commit()

Posted by Артём Луканин <ic...@mail.ru>.
 Yes, that would be more understandable. Should I make a JIRA ticket for this?
>The wiki says: “   In  Solr4.0   it will be removed. ”
>
>See:
>https://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages
>
>Unfortunately, the new Solr Reference Guide does not include that
note.

>See:
>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Uploading+Data+with+Index+Handlers
>
>I would be +1 for having Solr give a 400 error for using it. I mean, the
app is expecting some specific behavior, and that behavior is not going to
happen.

>-- Jack
Krupansky

to confuse the users?

Posted by Артём Луканин <ic...@mail.ru>.
 Yes, I tried to add new setActionParams methods, but we then have to add new methods in SolrServer as well? commit(waitFlush...) and optimize(waitFlush...) are used in a lot of places... But I think, the only possible way is to introduce new method names, because users can use old signatures with the new releases of Solr and get unexpected results.
setUpdateAction is a confusing name, I think.

Re: waitFlush is not used in SolrServer.commit()

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Артём Луканин <ic...@mail.ru>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.