Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org> on 2001/07/04 14:30:34 UTC

pls help java files wont compile - take a look

Hi again, i have encountered within the strus-examples a class path that
states the
wrong name.I have attached a visual for your perusal.

Please comment Cheers chuck.

Peter Alfors wrote:

> Are you looking for the ActionMapping class file or java file?
> either way, it should be in your download of struts???
>
> Pete
>
> Chuck Amadi wrote:
>
> > Hi yes all my jar files are in WEB-INf\lib.Could you post a snippet
of
> > ActionMappings.class.
> > As i have located a copy in the struts-example in another
application albeit i
> > can't access it.
> > Cheers Chuck
> >
> > Calvin Yu wrote:
> >
> > > Is struts.jar in WEB-INF/lib?  If so, check to make sure
> > > ActionMappings.class is in it.  The package name is correct, its
just that
> > > javac cannot find the struts.jar.
> > >
> > > Calvin

Wont
> > > compile

ActionMappings

--
The views expressed by the sender of this message don't
necessarily represent those of Brecon Beacons National Park

Re: pls help java files wont compile - take a look ****

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
Hi, Cheers for that i will try and endevour to use ants prcedure.
Chuckie

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
Hi me again. After burning the midnight oil i have found and utlised the
struts-examples.
Firstly i have a classpath
C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\webapps\bbnpa\WEB-INFclasses\examples
Thus resides ActionMapping.class and many others. So i have c & p my
other .java files within this dir as the previous occasions they
wouldn't compile as they couldn't located ActionMapping.class (class
ActionMapping not found in type declartion or import).Thus i will try
and compile the .java files.

Secondly cheers for all those that helped diganois my symstoms im not
out of the woods yet but getting there. Cheers Folks Chuck.

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
Hi, i have insured that the tld are also within the \WEB-INF of my web app,create a
claaspath as follows-
C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.2\webapps\bbnp\WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\struts - Thus within
here reside CustomForm,FormBean,CustomMapping,LogonForm,LogonAction & DBHandler. etc
etc.There are two of  THE SAME FILE each one with a file notation ie GroupAction.java
the other GroupAction.java~(miltida) the uncompiled class . Thus the is a further dir
action were ActionForward,ActionMapping reside again with the similar state notation.
Can anyone post a map  or snip of the Action Classes. or there path.

Any Suggestions as i i have come against a brick wall.