Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Yves Martin <yv...@elca.ch> on 2005/09/05 12:23:47 UTC

Task writing: generic type support

    Hello,

 I find the 'addTask(Task)' support really interesting for a task - used to
 embed any task in parallel for instance.

 I tried to use 'addDataType(DataType)' in my own task to embed any DataType in
 my task... and it does not seem to work. Have I done a mistake ? Or such a
 method is not supported ?

 Thank you in advance for your help
--
Yves Martin

Re: Task writing: generic type support

Posted by Yves Martin <yv...@elca.ch>.
Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> writes:

>>   My issue comes from my build system architecture:
>>   - a main Ant project parse a XML configuration file which is a Ant build
>> file
>>     itself, and where I would like to make available custom DataType in a
>>     specific antlib/namespace
>>   - a plugin is a Ant project which is able to do anything it wants. Like
>>     taskdef and typedef...
>>   The plugin project has been "forked" from the main Ant project. How can I
>>   (programmatically speaking) transfer taskdef/typedef from the plugin project
>>   to the main project ?
>
> you can't --that is what "forking" implies. you are operating within a new
> environment.

  Ok I know it is not cleaned - regarded the Ant task development
  guidelines. I'm working on 'el4ant' (sourceforge) and I need some extract
  features in Ant for my build.xml generation from project description works
  smoothly. I have "misuse" Ant to parse my project description XML files and
  it is really convenient in fact ;)

  My question may be simpler:
  - How can I copy tasks and types from one Ant project to another ?

  It is simple to do that with properties. I suppose it is not impossible to do
  that with tasks/types. I just ask for help to avoid to "waste" time into Ant
  internals hacking... but I will do it in case of non response.

 Thank you for your help

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yves Martin <yv...@elca.ch>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yves Martin <yv...@elca.ch>.

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Yves,

AFAIK add(DataType) would work. This would map any nested element
containing a type defined using typedef, which is an instance of DataType.

addDataType(DataType) implies that you are mapping the <datatype/>
nested element to adding datatypes in your class.

Cheers,

Antoine

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.
I think you are looking for "add(DataType)"...

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer