Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/02 20:42:54 UTC

[2.0-RC1] Report #3

Hi guys,

here is a new list of pending issues after one week of effort. Last
week, we had :
91 bugs,
65 improvements,
50 new features,
22 tasks,
4 wishes.

We are now down to :
48 bugs,
43 improvements,
47 new features,
25 tasks,
2 wishes,
3 tests

for a total of 158 issues, compared to 232, last week !

Let's continue the hard work, I think we can get something released by
mid-june...

Note :
------
B : Blocking
C : Critical
M : Major
m : Minor
t : Trivial

Bug : bug
Impv : improvement
Feat : new feature
Task : task
Test : test
Wish : wish

+++ Work in progress
??? Issue to be evaluated
 >>> ACI issue

DIR (4T, 2W)
------------
Task M DIR-248     Where to deploy generated documentation?
Task M DIR-254     Add a chapter in the doco to explain how to enable a
schema
Task M DIR-257   Architectural overview
Task M DIR-258   Give the user directions about which version to use
Task M DIR-259     Setting admin password docs out of sync (need current
docs?)
Task M DIR-260     Update documentation for Spring configuration (Basic
User Guide)
Task M DIR-261   Why does download directory include the path element
'unstable' ?
Task m DIR-218     Reduce number of confluence spaces
Task m DIR-245     Create a page about using ADS with AcegiSecurity
Wish m DIR-120     Matrix comparison against other LDAP servers
Wish M DIR-255     Daily build download     Alex Karasulu

DIRSHARED (0.9.20)
------------------
Bug  M DIRSHARED-53 Review RequestID processing

DIRSHARED-53 is pending, waiting for clarification.

DIRSHARED (1.0.0-RC1)
---------------------
Bug  M DIRSHARED-40    DN parser, LdapDN, Rdn, Atav issues
Impv M DIRSHARED-11    Relax the ACI grammar parser     Unassigned
Impv M DIRSHARED-35    LdifEntry should expose methods to manipulate
attributes.
Impv m DIRSHARED-37    Reconsider interfaces and base classes for
Registries
Task C DIRSHARED-5    Add the missing javadocs
Task C DIRSHARED-50    Rename DN methods to reflect the Client API decisions

We have to finish 40, 5 and 50, so we can move those issues back to 0.9.20.
11, 35 and 37 could wait.

DIRAPI (0.2.0)
--------------
Bug  C DIRAPI-7     Low performance on search operation compared to JNDI
(around 5 times slower)
Bug  M DIRAPI-13     Recursively drilling into the directory structure
causes java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Impv M DIRAPI-8     Make client-api schema aware
Impv M DIRAPI-15     The lookup() method should return an Entry
Feat M DIRAPI-2     Add generic support for Extended operations
Feat M DIRAPI-11     Implement the StartTLS operation
Feat C DIRAPI-12     Add the LDAPS connection
Feat M DIRAPI-14 Add an exists(DN) method

DIRAPI-7 should be fixed. DIRAPI-13 has to be evaluated, not sure it's
really a problem.

Generally speaking, LDAP API is orthogonal with ADS 2.0

DIRSERVER
=========
We have a total of 88 bugs.

Bugs (1B 5C 32M 5m 1t):
-------------------------
+++ Bug  B DIRSERVER-1499    The original entry in the ClonedServerEntry
get modified by some operations
Bug  C DIRSERVER-955        FilterMatch permissions are not being
handled in Access Control decisions
Bug  C DIRSERVER-1252    Server tools dump command broken due to use of
old paths
Bug  C DIRSERVER-1327    Creating a new index when the server has
already stored values for the attribute does not work
+++ Bug  C DIRSERVER-1402    Many Comparators are missing
Bug  C DIRSERVER-1458    Cursor API generic usage is totally wrong
Bug  M DIRSERVER-803        Creating an alias from a child entry to the
ancestor causes an error (return code 36)
Bug  M DIRSERVER-824        Collective attributes are not evaluated in
search operations when they are used in filter expressions
Bug  M DIRSERVER-922        Data is "lost" after adding Index to config file
 >>> Bug  M DIRSERVER-999        rangeOfValues protedtedItem should not
be applicable in Entry scope
 >>> Bug  M DIRSERVER-1000    The filter of the rangeOfValues
protectedItem should be evaluated on only the single attribute, not the
whole entry
 >>> Bug  M DIRSERVER-1169    Access control don't apply to the rootDSE
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1172    Sasl PLAIN mechanism should only be
enabled/offered after TLS layer is establish
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1198    Requests of usercertificate;binary are not
supported
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1211    Error code 54 in modify-replace operation
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1223    @Ignore annotation on both core and server
integ causes tests to stop
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1240    After binding using NTLM, cannot query if
AllowAnonymousAccess is off
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1281    StreamCorruptedException after brutal shutdown
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1285    Quotes in DN are not handled correctly during
normalization [was: Quotes in DN on simple binds causes referral error]
+++ Bug  M DIRSERVER-1319    Cannot save String values larger than 64 Kb
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1330    Using a filter with present match with unknown
attribute type causes error (error code 16)
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1349    Alias not working with scope ONELEVEL_SCOPE
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1354    System files partition corruption
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1355    Alias dereferncing with subtree search isn't
working correctly
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1357    NullPointerException when deleting alias
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1373    Update of server certificate in
uid=admin,ou=system only takes effect after restart
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1390    Attribute caching issues - warning and error
messages thrown on startup
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1394    Modifying subschema subentry doesn't work in
some case
 >>> Bug  M DIRSERVER-1419    Can inject accessControlSubentries when
creating a new entry
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1420    Cannot start the server : reuseAddress can't be
set while the acceptor is bound at shutdown
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1440    Using leading and/or trailing blanks in RDN
attribute leads to erroneous behaviour.
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1457    Binary Attribute Type causes
java.lang.StackOverflowError
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1469    When a bind is pending, no other operation
should be allowed
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1490    Not 100% sure, but the DN caches we have in the
server might not be updated when doing a Move
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1491    Improve schema extractor
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1498    Reverting modification on referrals are not
handling corrrectly if the ManageDSAIT control is set
??? Bug  M DIRSERVER-1500    Error searching children of known element.
   May be cause by the deletion of an entry with children
 >>> Bug  M DIRSERVER-1501    Access Control can't retain after restart.
Bug  m DIRSERVER-1209    Some SP tests are not working anymore because
of JNDI removal
Bug  m DIRSERVER-1312    Log4j with DEBUG
Bug  m DIRSERVER-1325    Simple Authentication can not be disabled
Bug  m DIRSERVER-1461    SaslGssapiBindITest.testSaslGssapiBind() test
method fails when /etc/hosts file contains values referring to 127.0.0.1
Bug  m DIRSERVER-1467    No permission to read all documentation about ACL
 >>> Bug  t DIRSERVER-257        [Access Control] Autonomous areas for
AC must not overlap

Improvements (1C 24M 12m 1t)
-----------------------------===============
Impv C DIRSERVER-1378    Remove the Singleton from the DirectoryService,
as it defeats the possibility to have more than one instance of this class
Impv M DIRSERVER-874        Entries should be normalized in the
NormalizationService
Impv M DIRSERVER-997        Block search ability for userPassword attribute
Impv M DIRSERVER-1049    [PERF] Speed improvement in Search operation
Impv M DIRSERVER-1070    [PERF]Substring Filters are evaluated for every
single entry
Impv M DIRSERVER-1081    Injecting more information in the opContext
structure
 >>> Impv M DIRSERVER-1160    provide more details when throwing
"AccessControlException: access denied"
Impv M DIRSERVER-1164    SSL Cert Compatibility issue with LDAPS for
Outlook Clients
Impv M DIRSERVER-1178    Add parent entry and id of primary entry in
operation context
+++ Impv M DIRSERVER-1179    Leverage ClonedServerEntry better: review
and fix places where redundant lookup of entry is performed
+++ Impv M DIRSERVER-1219    Review and make sure eager loading of
target entries in OperationContexts occurs at most once
Impv M DIRSERVER-1225    Add a Entry factory and pass it as an argument
to the LdifEntry constructor
Impv M DIRSERVER-1248    rc.d init script to default to "default" instance
Impv M DIRSERVER-1282    Unit testing documentation is out of date
Impv M DIRSERVER-1290    [Perf]Potential Speedup by returning a ref
instead of a clone when asking for the RootDSE
Impv M DIRSERVER-1321    Clarify relationship between
partition.syncOnWrite and apacheDS.syncPeriodMillis configuration attributes
Impv M DIRSERVER-1322    Auto inferring context entry
Impv M DIRSERVER-1323    Command line tools for creating, deleting and
managing instances
Impv M DIRSERVER-1339    When doing a base scope search is a lookup
triggered
Impv M DIRSERVER-1382    Change the Cursor semantic for the next() and
previous() methods
Impv M DIRSERVER-1424    In integ test, add setter search for
ldapServer/service static fields
Impv M DIRSERVER-1447    loadAllEnabled() method is taking way too long
Impv M DIRSERVER-1478    [Perf] The filterContents() method is suboptimal
Impv M DIRSERVER-1489    Provide access to remote connection info
Impv M DIRSERVER-1496    [perf] Entry should not be cloned when doing a
search
Impv m DIRSERVER-176        Cleaning LdapMessage classes
Impv m DIRSERVER-289        Configure an optional password message
digest algorithm which is applied on userPassword attribute values at
add and modify operations.
Impv m DIRSERVER-477        Alias deferencing interceptor
Impv m DIRSERVER-872        [PERF]Still too many DN normalization
 >>> Impv m DIRSERVER-876        Add a new 'supportedExtension' or
'supportedFeatures' value in RootDSE for ACI Item
Impv m DIRSERVER-953        Provide registration scope support for
Subtree (besides current Base support) in ModifyDN.Export/Import Triggers
Impv m DIRSERVER-1236    Store an AttributeEntry object in filter's node
Impv m DIRSERVER-1294    Add size() and hasNext() methods to cursors
Impv m DIRSERVER-1299    Add causes when rethrowing caught exceptions
(e.g. in org.apache.directory.server.integ.state.NonExistentState)
Impv m DIRSERVER-1310    Improve the way we handle controls
encoding/decoding
Impv m DIRSERVER-1359    Embedding guide problems
Impv m DIRSERVER-1460    Add locale to configuration
Impv t DIRSERVER-1346    Use ServiceLifecycleListener to avoid having
System.out messages for service start/stop events.

New Features (1C 34M 8m):
-------------------------
Feat C DIRSERVER-1436    Provide a tool to restore a crashed database
Feat M DIRSERVER-434        Add Support for Paged Search Results Control
Feat M DIRSERVER-440        Integrate clients into ApacheDS tools
Feat M DIRSERVER-443        JNDI Event delivery should be asynchronous
in a separate thread
Feat M DIRSERVER-641        provide a security context to
org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.AbstractAuthenticator.authenticate()
Feat M DIRSERVER-678        Add support for extended operations to the Core
Feat M DIRSERVER-760        reading .schema files at server start-up
Feat M DIRSERVER-866        Initialization with another backend than
JDBM for the system partition
Feat M DIRSERVER-887        provide remote access info (memnonic name
and ip) to complement audit trail info
Feat M DIRSERVER-910        Provide getEffectiveRights like capability
within Access Control subsystem
Feat M DIRSERVER-937        Add HTTP service for ApacheDS
Feat M DIRSERVER-992        Define new schema objects for Stored
Procedure handling
Feat M DIRSERVER-1030    Add CascadeControl and add functionality to
cascade modify and delete effects
Feat M DIRSERVER-1185    Add support for Password Policy
Feat M DIRSERVER-1186    Trace control and request level logging
Feat M DIRSERVER-1203    RFC2307bis Support is missing
Feat M DIRSERVER-1217    Binds with referrals can be used for delegated
authentication
Feat M DIRSERVER-1220    Implement the EXTERNAL SASL mechanism
Feat M DIRSERVER-1221    Suport the proxy auhtorization in SASL
implementation
Feat M DIRSERVER-1222    Add our own NTLM protocol implementation
Feat M DIRSERVER-1259    Make the userPassword not searchable from the
outside
Feat M DIRSERVER-1261    Add some CL tools to rebuild indices
Feat M DIRSERVER-1263    Add authz schema
Feat M DIRSERVER-1264    Add extended operations to reverting
Feat M DIRSERVER-1265    Add support for VLV control
Feat M DIRSERVER-1291    Support of Proxied Authorization Control (RFC 4370)
Feat M DIRSERVER-1331    Ldif object should be able to return a List of
EntryAttributes
Feat M DIRSERVER-1345    Oracle partition implementation
Feat M DIRSERVER-1388    Add the DeleteTree control
Feat M DIRSERVER-1422    Delegation of Authentication
Feat M DIRSERVER-1427    Errors should contain the associated
SchemaObject when modifying the schema
Feat M DIRSERVER-1453    Map SASL principals to DNs for ACI validation
Feat M DIRSERVER-1477    Add an extended operation to re-index an attribute
Feat M DIRSERVER-1479    The cursor implementation does not have a
hasNext() method
Feat M DIRSERVER-1508    Add an extended operation to perform operations
on config schema dynamically
Feat m DIRSERVER-264        Add Support for Sort Control
Feat m DIRSERVER-275        Add Support for LDAP Password Modify
Extended Operation
Feat m DIRSERVER-441        Add Support for Language Tags and Ranges
Feat m DIRSERVER-939        Implement RFC 4529
Feat m DIRSERVER-954        Provide pluggable implementation support for
Trigger execution order
Feat m DIRSERVER-949        Add support for LDAP URLs in context searches
Feat m DIRSERVER-1004    Support REAL syntax and matchingRules without
precision loss
Feat m DIRSERVER-1246    Add shell scripts and batch files for clients

Tasks (2C 10M 2m):
------------------
Task C DIRSERVER-1233    Add some unit tests for the CoreSession class
Task C DIRSERVER-1482    Many methods' signature just declare a throws
Exception : this is not enough
Task M DIRSERVER-550        Clear numerous documentation TODOs
Task M DIRSERVER-710        Exception tree should be reviewed
Task M DIRSERVER-1057    Misplaced StoreProcedure packages
Task M DIRSERVER-1193    Cleanup Index access methods after making
Partitions hold configuration info in bigbang
Task M DIRSERVER-1244    Code review + cleaning
Task M DIRSERVER-1245    Source audit
Task M DIRSERVER-1398    Add tests for modify Operation
Task M DIRSERVER-1403    Implement the missing normalizers
Task M DIRSERVER-1452    Fix all the @Ignored test classes and methods
Task M DIRSERVER-1481    core-integ IntegrationUtils is using JNDI
Task m DIRSERVER-1056    Cleaning the warnings
Task m DIRSERVER-1358    Adding a FAQ

Tests (1C 3M):
Test C DIRSERVER-1433    Add tests for every methods in SchemaManager
Test M DIRSERVER-1069    Outdated doc for unittesting version 1.5.1
+++ Test M DIRSERVER-1429    Implement tests for Syntax additions in
SchemaManager

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com