Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/18 15:11:42 UTC

Pluggable persistence

Hi everyone,

If you were wondering about the recent flurry of SVN messages, I've just been updating the "PluggablePersistence" branch with all the changes to the trunk project since creating the branch (e.g. all Gavin's license fixes, Thomas's Flex connector, Ross's parameter decoding fixes, etc.) in preparation for its eventual merge back into the project trunk.

I've applied Randy's patches, and apart from a couple of outstanding issues I think we're ready to go. If we can have some more folks testing the branch before we merge it back in that would be very much appreciated - the changes touched a lot of places in the code and so I'm sure we'll have missed something.

A big thanks to Randy for his fantastic work on this - it should remove the last barrier to making a release, and moves us a step closer to graduation. Cheers, Randy!

Re: Pluggable persistence

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 06/18/2010 03:11 PM, Scott Wilson wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> If you were wondering about the recent flurry of SVN messages, I've just been updating the "PluggablePersistence" branch with all the changes to the trunk project since creating the branch (e.g. all Gavin's license fixes, Thomas's Flex connector, Ross's parameter decoding fixes, etc.) in preparation for its eventual merge back into the project trunk.
>
> I've applied Randy's patches, and apart from a couple of outstanding issues I think we're ready to go. If we can have some more folks testing the branch before we merge it back in that would be very much appreciated - the changes touched a lot of places in the code and so I'm sure we'll have missed something.
>
> A big thanks to Randy for his fantastic work on this - it should remove the last barrier to making a release, and moves us a step closer to graduation. Cheers, Randy!

Really great work contributed by Randy, and very important indeed to get a release going.

Thanks Randy!

Re: Pluggable persistence

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 18/06/2010 14:11, Scott Wilson wrote:
>If we can have some more folks
> testing the branch before we merge it back in that would be very much
> appreciated

I've done some testing and all looks good. Not totally exhaustive but
enough for me to give a big +1 to merging the branch back into trunk

Ross

Re: Pluggable persistence

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 18/06/2010 14:11, Scott Wilson wrote:
> If we can have some more folks
> testing the branch before we merge it back in that would be very much
> appreciated - the changes touched a lot of places in the code and so
> I'm sure we'll have missed something.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try and test it tonight.

> A big thanks to Randy for his fantastic work on this - it should
> remove the last barrier to making a release, and moves us a step
> closer to graduation. Cheers, Randy!

Indeed, three cheers for Randy!

And, of course, thanks Scott for keeping on top of his patches.

Ross

--
TransferSummit/UK - Open Innovation, Development, Collaboration
Oxford 24-25 June 2010 - Register now! http://www.transfersummit.com