Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Andreas Schaefer <sc...@me.com.INVALID> on 2020/05/20 02:15:26 UTC

Update of a Read-Only Sling Instance with Composite Node

Hi

[SOLUTION]: I got this fixed by deleting the Sling (launcher) instance on every startup. Not sure where the configuration is set and if there is a way to avoid this. Still I would love to know why this failed.

I am trying to update a Sling instance with a partial read-only composite node store but ran into issues with it.

What I did:

- Create a Sling 12 instance (seed)
- Restart Sling with the Composite Nodestore (runtime)
- Stopped Sling
- Copied away the read-only nodestore
- Started Sling with the seed configuration to rebuild the read-only part

Here I am seeing a failure because Oak still thinks this is a read-only nodestore:

ERROR: bundle org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-store-composite:1.26.0 (78)[org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.composite.CompositeNodeStoreService(79)] : The bindNodeStore method has thrown an exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Following partial mounts are write-enabled:  [[libs]]
	at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:120)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.composite.CompositeNodeStore.assertPartialMountsAreReadOnly(CompositeNodeStore.java:127)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.composite.CompositeNodeStore.<init>(CompositeNodeStore.java:106)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.composite.CompositeNodeStore$Builder.build(CompositeNodeStore.java:442)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.composite.CompositeNodeStoreService.registerCompositeNodeStore(CompositeNodeStoreService.java:191)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.composite.CompositeNodeStoreService.bindNodeStore(CompositeNodeStoreService.java:272)

Cheers - Andy