Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Boysenberry Payne <bo...@humaniteque.com> on 2005/09/15 04:44:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Having error on Apachectl start

Hello,

	When I try to start Apache I get the following errors:

dyld: /usr/local/httpd/bin/httpd version mismatch for library:
/usr/local/httpd/lib/libexpat.0.dylib (compatibility version of user:
6.0.0 greater than library's version: 2.0.0)
/usr/local/httpd/bin/apachectl: line 100:  2222 Trace/BPT trap
$HTTPD $ARGV

I installed Apache2 from source using:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/httpd --with-perl=/usr/bin/perl
--with-mpm=prefork --enable-mods-shared=all
I also have mod_perl2 installed as a shared mod.
The error only came up after I tried to install APR::Request
It gave an error stating I needed expat so I installed expat-1.95.8.
It allowed me to install APR::Request, but then Apache wouldn't start.
I even tried reinstalling Apache to no avail.
I'm running this on OS X 10.3.9

Any idea how to fix this?  Would this be a darwin list issue?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Boysenberry

boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com

Re: [users@httpd] Having error on Apachectl start

Posted by Robert Zagarello <bz...@yahoo.com>.
I noticed on Apple's MAC OS X support site that the
highest version of expat support is server 10.2 and
then only using Apache 2.0.36, for eval purposes:

It sounds like the expat library detection is broken,
but that is really a shot in the dark.  You can try
installing a PHP release that has the expat extension,
although that's not much advice now because you can't
boot.  You may want to log this problem with a MAC OS
X discussion group because Apple seems interested in
generating a user base for Apache.

BZAG
========
--- Boysenberry Payne <bo...@humaniteque.com>