Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2004/02/28 10:27:37 UTC

qdox block broken (was: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/legal LICENSE.quartz)

Le Samedi, 28 fév 2004, à 05:23 Europe/Zurich, antonio@apache.org a
écrit :

>   Added:       src/blocks/qdox/lib qdox-1.3.jar
>                src/blocks/cron/lib quartz-1.3.2.jar
>   Removed:     src/blocks/qdox/lib qdox-1.2.jar
>                src/blocks/cron/lib quartz-1.2.3.jar

Antonio, did you check the qdox block samples after updating the qdox
jar?

They fail here (macosx, JDK 1.4.1) with the current CVS:

http://localhost:8888/samples/qdox/javadoc/java.util.HashMap

fails with
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.QDoxSource.outputInheritStartEl
ement(QDoxSource.java:1023)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.QDoxSource.outputClassInheritan
ce(QDoxSource.java:562)

-Bertrand

Re: qdox block broken (was: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/legal LICENSE.quartz)

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Bertrand:

It is fixed in the CVS. The error was not related to the qdox.jar 1.3.
Please cross check.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: qdox block broken

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Bertrand:

I checked it. The problem seems again to be related to getJavaClass(String
className) method returnig "null" at line 778. Seems like another problem
with the source resolver URI:

At line 749-755 there is:

JavaClass jClass = null;
SourceResolver resolver = null;

try {
  resolver = (SourceResolver) manager.lookup(SourceResolver.ROLE);
  Source source = resolver.resolveURI("javadoc:" + className);
  if (source instanceof QDoxSource) {

The "if-condition" is "false" (not success) and the code inside the
if-block not run. This code use QDocSource to parse the javaclass.Because
the code is not called, then the getJavaClass() method return null. This
happen while resolving the java.util.Map class. After this happen we see
the error page.

AFAIK, this is not a problem of the new library, but a problem related to
resolver.resolveURI that does not return the right type (QDoxSource).

Is this correct?

I wonder if the code worked before the update. Can someone confirm if the
qdox block worked before with qdox.jar 1.2? (Cocoon 2.1.4 for example).

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo