Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jens Alfke <je...@mooseyard.com> on 2009/02/17 18:44:23 UTC

Any docs or specs on how replication works?

I'd like to learn how CouchDB's replication protocol works. Not at the
implementation level (I don't read Erlang well enough for that!) but
are there any design docs that describe what's happening
architecturally?

Conceptually, I can imagine it being based on an "_all_docs_by_seq"
query, where the pulling server remembers the last sequence ID it's
pulled in the past, grabs all the newer docs, and puts them to its
local database. Is there more to it than that?

—Jens

Re: Any docs or specs on how replication works?

Posted by Robert Dionne <di...@dionne-associates.com>.
This doc has a bit on replication:

http://horicky.blogspot.com/2008/10/couchdb-implementation.html