Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neeraj Vora <ne...@hotmail.com> on 2005/02/20 23:34:13 UTC

Charset in Content Type: Tomcat 4 versus Tomcat 5

Hello World,

I migrated from Tomcat 4.0.2 to Tomcat 5.5.7 which is quite nice for me but
a not so good thing happened as a side-effect due to a MS bug. A particular
response within my application had the following content-type header in
Tomcat 4.0.2

Content Type: application/x-java-jnlp-file

Now with Tomcat 5.5.7, following is the header.

Content Type: application/x-java-jnlp-file;charset=iso-8859-1

MS IE has an unfortunate bug whereby it cannot associate this with Java Web
Start. This has been documented as KB 871248. I tried
response.setCharacterEncoding(null) but it does not take out the trailing
charset. Is it possible somehow to still have Tomcat 5.5.7 return the header
that Tomcat 4.0.2 used to?

TIA.

Re: Charset in Content Type: Tomcat 4 versus Tomcat 5

Posted by Michiel Meeuwissen <Mi...@omroep.nl>.
Neeraj Vora wrote:
> Content Type: application/x-java-jnlp-file;charset=iso-8859-1
>
> MS IE has an unfortunate bug whereby it cannot associate this with Java Web
> Start. This has been documented as KB 871248. I tried

AFAIK, real player has (or had) a similar problem, and can also not be
served by Tomcat.

Michiel

--
Michiel Meeuwissen                  mihxil'
Mediacentrum 140 H'sum                [] ()