Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andrew Shirk <sh...@ncsa.uiuc.edu> on 2002/08/21 02:08:59 UTC

Losing my sanity: 1.1b & Validator problems

I upgraded to Struts 1.1b last week (and to Tomcat 4.1.9 - which is
great great stuff) and everything seemed to go fine. However, today, I
was demonstrating my app to a friend when I noticed Validator
validations were not being performed. I checked the logs and the
validation configuration files are being loaded just fine, but still no
validation errors were being caught. I also noticed in the archives
mention of a change in the way the plugin is configured in struts-
config.xml. I made the change in my struts-config.xml thinking that must
have been the problem, but alas, things got worse! Now, when the
ValidatorForm is posted to the server, nothing happens at all! After
about 10 seconds of processing, the browser seems to receive an empty
response. A blank document is all that's received. I checked the logs,
and no exceptions are being thrown. I have checked everything I can
think of 4 or 5 times, and don't know what else to do. This worked
perfectly in 1.1a.

Please help if you have any ideas.

Thanks very much,

Andrew

registrationForm extends ValidatorForm

     <action    path="/registration/save"
                type="com.myapp.action.RegistrationAction"
                name="registrationForm"
            validate="true"
           parameter="save"
               scope="request"
               input="/registration.jsp">
       <forward name="failure"              path="/registration.jsp"/>
       <forward name="success"
path="/do/registration/confirm"/>
     </action>