Posted to user@spark.apache.org by frakass <ca...@free.fr> on 2022/01/14 06:17:13 UTC

about memory size for loading file

Hello list

Given the case I have a file whose size is 10GB. The ram of total
cluster is 24GB, three nodes. So the local node has only 8GB.
If I load this file into Spark as a RDD via sc.textFile interface, will
this operation run into "out of memory" issue?

Thank you.

Re: about memory size for loading file

Posted by Chester Gan <c....@gmail.com>.
The default HashPartitioner should distribute data evenly across the
partitions. See
https://medium.com/datalex/on-spark-performance-and-partitioning-strategies-72992bbbf150
.

[image: image.png]