Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com> on 2001/06/14 17:46:47 UTC

2.1 source for TDK recompile

I am trying to change a file in the TDK so that I can get it working with
PostgreSQL. (TurbineUserPeer needs to be edited).  I have downloaded the
current CVS and I have changed the file then compiled the .jar with "ant
jar".  I have substituted the this new .jar (turbine2.2-dev.jar) for
turbine2.1.jar in my WEB-INF/lib directory.  When I start the TDK I get the
error listed below.

Is there a way to get the source for the 2.1 version?

I suspect it's the 2.2 code that is incompatable with the 2.1 TDK.(?)

Here is the startup error:

[Thu Jun 14 10:54:11 CDT 2001] -- ERROR --
	Exception:  org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: Failed to
instantiate service XSLTService
	Stack Trace follows:
	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/Source
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.getInitableInstance(BaseInita
bleBroker.java:258)
rethrown as org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: A class
referenced by org.apache.turbine.services.xslt.TurbineXSLTService is
unavailable. Check your jars and classes.
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.getInitableInstance(BaseInita
bleBroker.java:296)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseService
Broker.java:383)
rethrown as org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: Failed to
instantiate service XSLTService
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseService
Broker.java:393)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.doInitService(BaseServiceBroke
r.java:223)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.initServices(BaseServiceBroker
.java:195)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(Turbine.java:185)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at
7)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
	at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

RE: 2.1 source for TDK recompile

Posted by John Menke <jo...@murphyfutures.com>.
I am doing a checkout with the Argument "-r T_2_1"   I'm hoping this will
give me the will this give me the 2.1 code. (I'm not sure of the syntax for
version 2.1)

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 6/14/01 8:46 AM, "John Menke" <jo...@murphyfutures.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to get the source for the 2.1 version?

Check out the CVS branch.

-jon

Re: 2.1 source for TDK recompile

Posted by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net>.
On Thursday, June 14, 2001, at 09:46  AM, John Menke wrote:

> Is there a way to get the source for the 2.1 version?

This should do it:
cvs co -rT_2_1_BRANCH jakarta-turbine

-Eric

Re: 2.1 source for TDK recompile

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 6/14/01 11:46 AM, "John Menke" <jo...@murphyfutures.com> wrote:

> I am trying to change a file in the TDK so that I can get it working with
> PostgreSQL. (TurbineUserPeer needs to be edited).  I have downloaded the
> current CVS and I have changed the file then compiled the .jar with "ant
> jar".  I have substituted the this new .jar (turbine2.2-dev.jar) for
> turbine2.1.jar in my WEB-INF/lib directory.  When I start the TDK I get the
> error listed below.

> Is there a way to get the source for the 2.1 version?

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-turbine/release/2.1/

The source is there along with the rest of the release.

And you can also get it from CVS, but you need to get it
from the 2.1 branch not HEAD.

cvs -d jakarta-turbine-2.1 -r T_2_1_BRANCH jakarta-turbine

This is documented in

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/branches.html

jvz.

http://tambora.zenplex.org