Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Langham <ml...@sundn.de> on 2000/05/11 15:57:59 UTC

More elaborate XSP examples

I am looking at XSP as a way to link cocoon up to an exisiting RMI-based
Java solution. Is this something that someone has done already? If so - do
you have an example in XSP on how to do this (i.e. do the RMI stuff from
inside XSP) - Or would a producer be a better way to go in this case?

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

...this mail was scanned for viruses by mailserver...

Re: More elaborate XSP examples

Posted by Yann <yl...@ims.ltd.uk>.

> I am looking at XSP as a way to link cocoon up to an exisiting RMI-based
> Java solution. Is this something that someone has done already? If so - do
> you have an example in XSP on how to do this (i.e. do the RMI stuff from
> inside XSP) - Or would a producer be a better way to go in this case?
>
> Matthew

You can import the java.rmi stuff within your XSP page using the
<xsp:include> tag so I can't see why it wouldn't work.
Then you can have access to the RMI Registry and lookup for objects and call
their methods. I haven't done it myself though but it makes sense.

Yann.