Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2014/03/31 20:23:09 UTC

Oozie 4.0.1 binary release

Hi Robert,
Thanks for the running the process!

Since we just voted for Oozie 4.0.1 source release, we can plan for the binary release in a separate process.
Although ,I believe, Apache primarily needs  the source release, but most of the hadoop stack is also releasing the binary package. It will surely help the user for quicker adoption without dealing with the building process.

Btw, I was earlier advised not to combine the source and binary release at the same time for faster release.

So, if possible, you or someone else can take this binary release initiatives as soon as the source are released.

Regards,
Mohammad

Re: Oozie 4.0.1 binary release

Posted by Mona Chitnis <mo...@apache.org>.
I can take up publishing Oozie maven artifacts.
Tucu, does this require some special permissions? If yes, can you grant them to me?

Mona Chitnis
Software Engineer, Hadoop Team
Yahoo!
On Monday, March 31, 2014 5:54 PM, Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com> wrote:

That would be fine, but we might want to make the whole libext thing more
clear.
I can see a lot of users, under the assumption that the binary release
would be ready to go out of the box, skipping the step of untarring the
correct hadooplib tarball into the libext dir, or choosing the wrong one.

Re: Oozie 4.0.1 binary release

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Oozie 4.0.1 binary release

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.