Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sam Cheung <sy...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/07 00:44:04 UTC

Using a different Xerces library in Tomcat 4.1 on jdk1.4

Hi,

The Web Application I am running needs an old version
of Xerces. I put that xerce.jar file in WEB-INF/lib,
but I still get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xerces/framework/XMLParser?

Could you please tell me how to fix that?

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error
() that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for
servlet ToolsUIServlet threw exception
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:952)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xerces/framework/XMLParser
	at
com.ibm.commerce.tools.xml.XMLFileDirectory.cacheNewReader(XMLFileDirectory.java:48)
	at
com.ibm.commerce.tools.xml.XMLFileDirectory.lookup(XMLFileDirectory.java:130)
	at
com.ibm.commerce.tools.sys.WebSysManager.init(WebSysManager.java:259)