Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Shubham Bansal <sh...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/22 02:34:39 UTC

Contributing to Apache Flink

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking at some starter tagged JIRA in the last couple of weeks.

One of the changes is checked in, and others are in review.
I wanted to be more involved in the code contribution process and would be
happy to look at non-starter issues which can give me more insight into the
codebase. Eventually wanting to move to core components over time.

My Background: I have worked in backend API, Infrastructure, Cloud Storage
and System Security for the past 6 years.

I skimmed through different components on the JIRA and found the following
to be very interesting.

Runtime / Coordination
Runtime / Queryable State
Runtime / State Backends
Runtime/ Task
Stateful functions
Table SQL / Planner
Table SQL/ Runtime
Table Store
FileSystems
Library / CEP
Library / Graph Processing
Runtime / Checkpointing

I would be happy to start somewhere in any of the above areas or anything
which you think would be more suitable.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shubham

Re: Contributing to Apache Flink

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Shubham,

Apologies for the late reply. It's great to hear that you're so willing and
enthusiastic to contribute towards Flink.

As a next step after your starter tasks, one of the best ways to get
involved is to have a look at some tickets that are test stabilities. For
example, you could have a look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-26979 or
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-27774. Working on a potential
new feature could potentially be