Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by MUKUND Premchander <PM...@covansys.com> on 2004/02/13 13:52:09 UTC

SHUTDOWN OF TOMCAT 4.1 .29 and

Hi ,

	         I am working with tomcat4.1.29 standalone .I need to
run it on UNIX,Linux and Windows .

		My webapplication has a servlet which loads on startup
.This servlet starts a thread
		When i shutdown tomcat using shutdown.bat in windows or
using the .sh in unix ,the  tomcat console does not close .
		When i remove the load on startup and start   the
application via the browser to start the thread  and then issue shutdown
.bat  , tomcat shuts down without hanging

		Can you please give a solution to get me out of this
problem in both Windows and Unix .
		Your immediate response will be of immese help

		I also tried stopping the thread in the destroy method
of the servlet but still the shutdown hangs ..(the port 8080 is released
thou )

		Thanks and Regards
		Mukund