Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michele Mase' <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/25 21:06:06 UTC

intermittent javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Invalid padding tomcat6.x axis 1.4 jdk 1.5 linux

Hi folks!
I've a strange problem, please help me to find a solution (not telling me to
make a script in order restart tomcat in case of the exception)
Under linux environment,
RedHat EL5.5
Jdk 1.5.0_22
Tomcat6.0.26
axis1.4
our webapps takes strange intermittent "javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Invalid
padding" errors.
The same webapp under a windows system never catches the exception
The webapps uses tomcat like a client with the axis library (1.4 version
only, it is non axis <1.4 capable) in order to connect to an external
webservice with https.
You catch the exception after 1 hour of work, 5, 7 hours and more than 24
hours of work.
Once the exception is catched, the only solution to make the webapp can work
again, is to restart the tomcat.
Under the windows machine we never caught the exception.

Attachments:
wsloader.txt is the code for the invocation of webservices.
I also attach the wireshark compatible files of both situations:
interop91ko.enc when it doesn't work; you can take a look at the pattern
294.  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2246.txt?number=2246

bad_record_mac
       This alert is returned if a record is received with an incorrect
       MAC. This message is always fatal.

interop91ok.enc when it work

The attachment logs-ko.txt is the application log when it doesn't work
The attachment logs-ok.txt is the application log when it works.

pls, Help me! My boss wants to use the webapp under windows (migrating it
from linux) since in windoz test environment we have never seen the
exception

Regards Michele Masè