Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Steve McLaughlin <St...@designwithflex.com> on 2013/04/11 23:54:14 UTC

Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.5.4

Hi, I work at a large company and the internet is blocked.
I need a way to install the sdks without an internet connection.
I have a way of downloading the necessary files, so I have all the
necessary files, just running the
install badge tries to get the files from the internet.  Can we have an
install badge that installs from
an install directory?
thanks,
steve

Re: Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.5.4

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> The only problem is that the Installer always looks at the MD5 from the
> release dist site on the apache servers.  There is no way to modify this
> since it is a security restriction.

We could add a command line option -no-md5-checks?

Justin

Re: Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.5.4

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
This might work (I havent tried this):

Save the config file from here to your local hard disk:
http://flex.apache.org/sdk-installer-config-2.0.xml

In the saved config xml, modify all the urls to local paths.  Then invoke
the installer from the command line with this switch -config=<path to local
config xml>

The only problem is that the Installer always looks at the MD5 from the
release dist site on the apache servers.  There is no way to modify this
since it is a security restriction.

You could always download the source code and modify it to not do the MD5
check.  Please be sure to manually check the MD5 hash in that case.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.
Just for the record, that path i quoted below missed out the file
extension. it should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Flex\Apache Flex SDK
Installer\sdk-installer-config-2.0.xml

If its not there, you'll need to run the installer to download it...

...ah, i see Om has just posted the direct url - that would work too ;)

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.5.4