Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by Edward Zhang <yo...@apache.org> on 2019/03/18 18:57:48 UTC

Re: Apache Eagle GUI, operation issues ; unable to define Policy

I think @hao <ha...@apache.org> has set up eagle in local environment well.
The problem is like you said, Eagle local mode has some issues because
originally we want to run everything in one box including storm, zookeeper,
which has made things difficult to manage. There is a discussion about
simplifying the set up, but that really needs some time and you may not
want to wait.

But if @hao <ha...@apache.org> can quickly identify the issue, probably you
can move forward.

Thanks
Edward

Posted by Hao Chen <ha...@apache.org>.
Hi Tushar,

Sorry for delayed response. Thanks very much for using eagle and I are very
glad to support you.

How do you starting eagle locally? If starting from shell scripts we
provided, then you need configure correctly about dependencies like
zookeeper/kafka, etc, as eagle standalone model is based on storm
standalone execution model, especially like zookeeper if not correctly
setup then there will be zookeeper connection logging.

Do you think still have a problem about installing Site? I think it's quite
easy for this step to single add a unique *siteId*/*siteName*/.. attributes.
What's your problem to install Application? Have you replaced the
*{SITE_ID}* with correct *siteId* registered in the previous step?
What's the issue for kafka publishing and collection? What's your data
sources?

- Hao

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 11:07 AM tusharintech@gmail.com <

Posted by tu...@gmail.com, tu...@gmail.com.