Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Thakkar, Hetal" <he...@citigroup.com> on 2003/08/25 23:10:29 UTC

Standalone Jelly without Maven

I am trying to use Jelly for a data generation application that does not require Maven. I can run standalone (without Maven) Jelly through a Java class as follows:

    JellyContext context = new JellyContext();
    context.runScript( resolveURL("script.xml"));

Are there any short comings of using Jelly this way as opposed to using it in conjunction with Maven?

Thanks,
Hetal

Re: Standalone Jelly without Maven

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Hetal,

I've been using Jelly to do batch processing of simulations. Both to
generate the resulting data files and to configure the simulation before
its run. I have no complaints, it seems very stable, I've run batch
processing that was rather time consuming ( > 12 hrs. ) and never
encountered any memory problems or any leaking of any kind. I think its
a very solid tool.

-Mark Diggory
http://repast-jellytag.sourceoforge.net

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.