Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Nicholas <nw...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/13 15:02:32 UTC

War Task With Multiple XML Descriptors

I am trying to use the War taks, but I have two,
descriptors: web.xml and jboss-web.xml. I have tried a
couple of things to get both in, to no avail:

<war destfile="${out.dir}/ExWebApp.war"
webxml="${xml.dir}/*.xml" >

<war destfile="${out.dir}/ExWebApp.war"
webxml="${xml.dir}/web.xml,${xml.dir}/jboss-web.xml" >

Neither of these worked.

Is there any way to do this ?

Thanks.

//Nicholas

=====
Nicholas Whitehead
Home: (973) 377 9335
Cell: (201) 615 2716
nwhitehe@yahoo.com
Get Your News From The Crowbar: http://crowbar.dnsalias.com:443/crowbar/

Re: War Task With Multiple XML Descriptors

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, detlef brendle <de...@canoo.com> wrote:

> <zipfileset prefix="WEB-INF"

is the long version of <webinf

Stefan

Re: War Task With Multiple XML Descriptors

Posted by de...@canoo.com.
As War is an extension of Jar and Zip I guess you could do something like:

<war webxml="${xml.dir}/web.xml" ...>

<zipfileset dir="${xml.dir}" prefix="WEB-INF" includes="jboss-web.xml" />

</war>

This generates a war file as before plus the jboss-web.xml within WEB-INF/
folder too.

regards,

detlef

Posted by Nicholas <nw...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks. That did the trick.

//Nicholas

=====

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Nicholas <nw...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use the War taks, but I have two,
> descriptors: web.xml and jboss-web.xml.

And jboss-web.xml is in no way special to <war>.

> I have tried a couple of things to get both in, to no avail:
>
> <war destfile="${out.dir}/ExWebApp.war"
> webxml="${xml.dir}/*.xml" >

The webxml attribute is for web.xml, nothing else.

You want

<war destfile="${out.dir}/ExWebApp.war" webxml="${xml.dir}/web.xml">
  <webinf dir="${xml.dir}">
    <include name="jboss-web.xml"/>
  </webinf>
</war>