Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Anderson, Jessica" <Je...@trs.state.tx.us> on 2001/02/13 21:50:53 UTC

Struts install question

Craig,
I have attempted to install Struts and cannot successfully start Tomcat
after doing so.  I downloaded the binary of Struts and also got the XML
parsing stuff from sun.  the test parsing example is working properly.  i
looked in the logs of tomcat and the servlet log gives the following error:

Context log path="/struts-example" :database: Initializing database servlet
Context log path="/struts-example" :database: Loading database from
'/WEB-INF/database.xml'
Context log path="/struts-example" :database: Database load exception

Is this my problem?  and how do I fix it?  Tomcat startup begins but
terminates and the window closes before I have a chance to read the
stackTrace.
Any ideas?
thanks,
Jessica