Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Wei Chen <wc...@vitria.com> on 2002/06/15 00:14:23 UTC

Help: Q about supported operation modes

Hi,

The attached WSDL is the test I run to find out what operation modes Axis supports.

I run "java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -s -Nurn:MyService=some.pk MyService.wsdl" to generate Java classes.

Axis generates one SEI based on portType name for both rpc/encoded and document/encoded stubs, one SEI based on binding name for rpc/literal stub and one SEI based on binding name for document/literal stub. All the SEI have the same operation signature. Why are there three SEIs? Is this compliant with JAX-RPC?

When I run the test, only rpc/encoded succeeded. All the other operation modes failed.

For both document/literal and document/encoded, I got "No such operation" from RPCProvider. Does Axis only support wrapped/document style? Or is the document style is only intended for MSGProvider? If yes, is this compliant with JAX-RPC?

For rpc/literal, I got "Invalid element" in BeanDeserializer. Does Axis support rpc/literal operation mode?

Thanks.

- Wei Chen <<MyService.WSDL>>