Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Supreeth <su...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/13 23:10:12 UTC

HDFS timeout configuration

Hi:

We have a scenario in our hadoop cluster running ( 2.4.x), where in when an
accidental hadoop fs -lsr happens over the entire HDFS itself, takes a long
time (On the java client, which does such a call we eventually see memory
issues).

Is there any configuration which will make such queries timeout on the
server end? Say on the lines of

"If a response on a query response to the client takes longer than X
seconds, timeout the query or return an exception to the client" ?

Looking at the timeout configurations available, ipc.client.connect.timeout
is more during connection establishment and ideltimeout is when there is no
IO activity at all. Is there a timeout to monitor query response times?

Thanks,
Supreeth

Re: HDFS timeout configuration

Posted by Supreeth <su...@gmail.com>.
Yes on the lines of GNU timeout on the server side.

-S

Posted by Supreeth <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Supreeth <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Supreeth <su...@gmail.com>.