Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Adam <ad...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/20 11:20:02 UTC

Axis2 Client receiving element, but value object is null

All,
A quick description of my problem. I'm using axis2 1.6.2 and am
generating the stubs using xmlbeans binding.
I'm calling a web service that has a response consisting of different
namespace elements.
I've installed a log handler, and see the full message coming back, with
sub element Transaction.
When I call response.getTransaction() the value is null.

I see no errors or other indication in the log why this might be.

Is there any logging I can configure to try to determine what's going on?

thanks,
Adam D.

Re: Axis2 Client receiving element, but value object is null

Posted by Kishanthan Thangarajah <ks...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Adam <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
> A quick description of my problem. I'm using axis2 1.6.2 and am
> generating the stubs using xmlbeans binding.
> I'm calling a web service that has a response consisting of different
> namespace elements.
> I've installed a log handler, and see the full message coming back, with
> sub element Transaction.
> When I call response.getTransaction() the value is null.
>
> I see no errors or other indication in the log why this might be.
>
> Is there any logging I can configure to try to determine what's going on?

If there is no results (in this case, a transaction object) then it would
be null. But you could use a tool like, tcpmon to see what is the
actual response coming from the service.