Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ryan segura <ry...@hotmail.com> on 2014/02/22 09:53:04 UTC

How to determine where memory consumption is occurring?

What command or third party utility can I use that will sort memory
consumption of topic/queue/connections by the ones using the most memory?

I am running out of memory on the broker but I cannot find out what
connection or queue/topic is causing it.  I need a better way to
troubleshoot.  There are thousands of items (connections, queues, etc) and
as far as I know, using a simple tool such a jconsole does not really have
any sorting capability to drill down to find what I need.

Thanks

Re: How to determine where memory consumption is occurring?

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at the admin utility that comes with ActiveMQ distro..
there's a nice little tool that allows you to programmatically query
the JMX MBeans and filter by attributes you're interested in (queue
message counts, memory/cursor usage, etc):
https://activemq.apache.org/activemq-command-line-tools-reference.html#ActiveMQCommandLineToolsReference-query

Then use your preferred tool of choice for further filtering,
aggregating, etc (awk?)

Cheers

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 1:53 AM, ryan segura <ry...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> What command or third party utility can I use that will sort memory
> consumption of topic/queue/connections by the ones using the most memory?
>
> I am running out of memory on the broker but I cannot find out what
> connection or queue/topic is causing it.  I need a better way to
> troubleshoot.  There are thousands of items (connections, queues, etc) and
> as far as I know, using a simple tool such a jconsole does not really have
> any sorting capability to drill down to find what I need.
>
> Thanks

Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta