Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2001/08/24 14:11:26 UTC

request object

I was wondering... the current logger is able to log
the requested URI by using a ContextStack.
So a component (the Logger) is able to get
to the request object without actually passing it
directly to the logger.
Could I use (or should better not use) this to get the
current request object in other components as well?
--
Torsten

RE: request object

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> The logger is not a Component!

Ups!

> > is able to get
> > to the request object without actually passing it
> > directly to the logger.
>
> It is passed by a mechanism proprietary to the logging system.
>
> > Could I use (or should better not use) this to get the
> > current request object in other components as well?
>
> Nope.

Do you see any other way of getting the request object
in a URLFactory?

Thanks
--
Torsten

Re: request object

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> I was wondering... the current logger is able to log
> the requested URI by using a ContextStack.
> So a component (the Logger)

The logger is not a Component!

> is able to get
> to the request object without actually passing it
> directly to the logger.

It is passed by a mechanism proprietary to the logging system.

> Could I use (or should better not use) this to get the
> current request object in other components as well?

Nope.

Giacomo