Posted to users@maven.apache.org by hbf <ka...@dreizak.com> on 2012/10/17 23:46:53 UTC

Maven trying to download '-sources.src' artifacts?

Dear all,

I have a Maven project that so far used to compile without problems. Today,
when I run mvn clean package -U, I get:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project myproj: Could not resolve
dependencies for project org.myorg.myproj:myproj:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT: The
following artifacts could not be resolved:
javax.servlet:javax.servlet-api:src:sources:3.0.1,
org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-servlet:src:sources:8.1.2.v20120308,
org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-server:src:sources:8.1.2.v20120308,
org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-webapp:src:sources:8.1.2.v20120308,
commons-io:commons-io:src:sources:2.4: Could not find artifact
javax.servlet:javax.servlet-api:src:sources:3.0.1 in MyRepo
(http://maven.myorg.org:9001/nexus/content/repositories/myrepo/) -> [Help 1]

I tried to with a fresh local Maven repository (rm -fr ~/.m2/repository) but
that did not make any difference.

Why does Maven try to find source/src artefacts? Any ideas where the problem
might lie?

I verified that my dependencies (as seen using mvn help:effective-pom) do
not have any source classifiers. For example, the dependency on the
jetty-server mentioned in the error message reads as follows:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.eclipse.jetty</groupId>
  <artifactId>jetty-server</artifactId>
  <version>8.1.2.v20120308</version>
  <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

I would be very happy to get any pointers or suggestions on how to get this
issue resolved.

Thanks,
Kaspar

P.S. I have cross-posted this answer to
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12938815/maven-trying-to-download-sources-src-artifacts
also and will eventually post any resolution there.

Re: Maven trying to download '-sources.src' artifacts?

Posted by hbf <ka...@dreizak.com>.
Turns out it was a problem with one of the indirect dependencies of my
project. See
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12938815/maven-trying-to-download-sources-src-artifacts
for the details.