Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by geeky2 <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2012/07/10 15:48:18 UTC

maxNumberOfBackups does not cleanup - jira 3361

environment: solr 3.5

hello all,

i have a question on this jira -

the jira states that, "with "backupAfter"=commit, the backups do not get
cleaned up"

however - we are noticing this same issue in our environment, when using
optimize.

can someone confirm that this bug applies to "optimze" as well?

thank you

example:

      <str name="backupAfter">optimize</str>

RE: maxNumberOfBackups does not cleanup - jira 3361

Posted by geeky2 <ge...@hotmail.com>.
thank you James - that is good to know.

for the short-term we'll just use cron and kill backup directories that are
older than x.

for the long-term, we'll just migrate to 4.0

thanks again

RE: maxNumberOfBackups does not cleanup - jira 3361

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingrambook.com>.
I'm also certain that it would apply to both "oncommit" and "onoptimize".

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311