Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Vidhey MuttanahallyNarayana <vi...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/13 09:47:54 UTC

Need info on Memory usage of thrift

Hi,
I am running thrift 0.10 version with C++ Client and C++ Server and bot h
on container environment.  Everything works fine until for some reason
server stop processing  messages due to application issue. But from here
onwards my client side used memory start growing up. Client is sending some
5kb data every 10 sec and memory usage start growing on client side.

If server stop processing messages from client , what happen to the data
sent from the client? does it store in some temp  buffer and does not clean
up? is there a way to confirm there a way to cleanup buffer on thrift ?

Server is TNonBlocking server.
As long as server application workign fine no memory leak seen on Client
side application.

~V